In light of my attempt this month to embrace and allow for my limitations and mistakes, I’m not going to let myself focus on the days I have not hit my targets. Instead, I’m going to celebrate that I have finished the first draft of Part Two and reflect on what may have been holding me back so that next week I can avoid them.
This week my routine saw a lot of changes. My work schedule moved around and as a result my daily wordcount targets weren’t always feasible. Unfortunately, I found it disheartening that early on in the week I was not going to be able to hit a day’s target. The thought that I was going to catch up at a later date meant that I wasn’t pushing myself to hit my target, thinking that later in the week I would make up for it…. and then that didn’t happen. I’m only a couple thousands words behind my target for this week, but it is the first Sunday where I haven’t been on or ahead.
Knowing what threw me off, I’m going to redistribute each day’s wordcount and update the graph tracking my progress. Hopefully, with realistic targets I’ll be able to push through this last week and finish on time.